Why Should I Get A Mobile Office?
Over the past 20 years, the concept of ‘selling space’ has evolved into a multi-million dollar industry. Business professionals understand the need for an efficient workspace, and this has led many to turn to more mobile options with shipping container cabins. The two most common types of temporary space available for lease or purchase are the mobile office trailer and the modular building, which is similar to a mobile cabin. Both are used by a broad range of industry professionals including those in education, government, healthcare, retail, and construction.
Whats Kind of Mobile Offices are available and how do they differ?
Characteristics of a Mobile Office Trailer
- Single, self-contained unit
- Little assembly required (just basic securing of the structure to the ground)
- Typically the length of use is several weeks or months
- Less expensive than modular
- Life expectancy of 5-10 years, depending on care and conditions
Mobile office trailers are just a little more simple than its larger counterpart. These smaller office-sized spaces are perfect to dedicate solely to work and focus, making it much easier to organize. The mobile offices offered are perfect for small projects or times where you really need to buckle down and get things done. If you are a mobile worker and travel a lot, a mobile office while you are gone could serve as your personal office, wherever you may end up.
Characteristics of a Modular Building:
- Multiple rooms, multiple side-by-side units, or multiple floors
- Complex assembly (may require welders, electricians, architects, roofers, etc.)
- More permanent-like building materials; can last as long as a permanent structure
- Life expectancy of 15 to 20 years, depending on care and conditions
These modular buildings offer you a more sizeable option for a secure office space. The freight containers used in these larger structures take more time to build simply due to the fact that it is multiple pieces put together. The ten-foot containers all contain restroom hookups, plumbing, water, electricity, and more so as to create a liveable office escape. Using connex boxes, you can create your own custom office space that will be perfect for your needs.
Both mobile office trailers and modular buildings are:
- Temporary structures
- Delivered on a flatbed truck and trailer
- Built on-site in a short amount of time
- Can be removed in a short amount of time
- Can be modified to meet specific industry needs
- Available for lease or purchase
In short, a modular building is similar to a mobile office in that it is a temporary structure, just on a larger scale. If your business needs multiple classrooms, floors, or buildings, modular could be the way to go. The wholesale shipping containers offer a fundamentally easier way to establish a workspace, wherever you want and for cheaper than most office spaces in larger buildings. If you are just looking for a temporary office or classroom to utilize until a permanent structure is built, the mobile office trailer may be more your style. The mobile office can help you to setup space where you can get away and focus on the tasks at hand, and save money while doing so. Depending on your size needs and plans for your mobile setup, either a modular building or a simple mobile office are both great options.